Thursday, October 18, 2007
where do you go?
When we are struggling where do we flee to? If we need some comfort where do we go? Do you have a special spot that you go to be alone? Do you enter into a situation so that you aren't alone? I have been thinking about this a lot in the last couple of days. I have been bored in life lately. What do you do when you are bored in life? Well I get out...if I can. Sometimes I just take a long shower. Sometimes I go to the beach and watch the waves and get a tan! Sometimes I sit under a tree with a good book. I always want to leave for a couple days and then come back. I left and went home this time. I needed to be in a place where I know that I am welcome, I know where my room is, where the dishes or cups are, and where friends and family are. Not to mention that my favorite restaurants are here, my favorite movie theater, and it smells so incredible in the redwood forest and by the beach, especially after a good rain. I fled and I am okay with that. I am dwelling in my comfort and yet I am missing something. What is that something? Is it that you will never get what you want because as soon as you get it, you will realize that now you want something else so there is this constant desire to want something. I know that wanting things is not bad. I know that having passion or desire and goals is great and that you should reach for those goals with that passion and desire. But what happens when you are bored and do not want to reach for those goals because all of a sudden those goals are not so important? For me it is not a matter of not accomplishing those goals because I will but what next? Can I plan for the future? Do I deserve the stars? I am not even sure where I am going with this thought. I guess the best thing I can do in this situation until I get some sort of answer is to say what a good friend says, "whatever". I will say whatever and move on. Move on and go to that spot where you feel better. Go to the beach, the coffee shop, and/or home so that you find that something you need so that you can move on, reach the stars, plan for the future, and get over being bored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment