I have had some experience caring for kids (about 12 years) and they still make me smile; want to pull my hair out; cry; jump for joy; play in the sand, mud, grass; and most of all still want to have kids. My recent experience has been with a seven year old boy who is an only child. Having been the oldest of two I do not understand how this kid lives. I appreciate that my parents decided to have another kid simply because I would be bored! My little sister just so happens to be my best friend. We played together and still hang out and share our secrets (something little girls love to do). Any way this little boy drives me nuts. He gets whatever he wants. He throws temper tantrums when he loses a game (if you know me I don't like losing at a card game except when playing with Trinity- she always seems to beat me more times then not). Where am I going with this? Got it! Kids are amazing. No matter how much this kid annoys me I still want to hang out with him. Every time I hold a baby I just fall in love. There is this amazing desire within me that just screams "I want to be a mom". My roommate last year told me once "Jenni, you are just one of those girls who needs a baby." I asked her what she meant by that because I could just go out and steal one or get knocked up cause "I NEED a baby" (by the way i would never just do one of those things). She told me that I just am happier, and more at home with a child in my arms. That life has a bit more meaning when I am looking after a little one. Why is it that people say that? Why does life all of a sudden have more meaning when you have a child in your arms? It does! but why? My goal for my life is to be a great mom (and wife).
My passion is kids. I am happier when kids are around. I like to push strollers, play in the sand at the playground, and I even don't mind changing a diaper. I enjoy telling people that my job is to be a part-time nanny. One of the greatest things, for me, in life is to make a difference in a child's life.

No comments:
Post a Comment