Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Free Hugs

I love hugs. I am a person who loves to greet others by hugging them. This might be strange to some. Hugs are a way to express that I care about that person. The free hugs video, that you can find on my page, is something that I saw and instantly fell in love with. I have a free hugs t-shirt. I bought it because I knew I could give out free hugs. Since wearing the shirt I have hugged random strangers, I have hugged friends, and family members. I have had people read the shirt and continue walking. I have had people see it and then point it out to others. It has been a great tool to get to know others. I want to encourage you to give people hugs. I want to encourage world to love and not hate, not discriminated, and not reject others. Give someone a free hug today!

2 comments:

trinity said...

I have seen these videos before. I think that Annie actually helped out with the free hugs campaign in Seattle. But I could be remembering wrong. I think it is a great idea. I know I love getting hugs and I really enjoy getting them too. It seems as I get older you get hugged less. As a child or even as a youth or college student Hugs came much more often and more easily. But as an adult we don't go around greeting each other as often with a hug.

Just the other night it struck me as a friend offered a hug, that it is rare that I am greeted by a genuine hug these days, not counting my youth kids who are all about the hugs.

JennToodles said...

Hugs are rare. I like your insight on how getting older seems to be a reason why receiving hugs becomes a strange and rare occasion between good friends or family members.


It would very cool to hear if Annie was involved with free hugs...it would be interesting to hear more about the people and the experience surrounding the campaign.